A test post from the mobile, even though I’m home from Sweden now.
The scene means perfection to me. An area without a name: ‘Just the forest.’ Tall trees, soft moss, boulders like trolls hiding in ferns.
No synthetic interruption. No cars, planes or pavement cyclists. No spitting, shoving or shouting.
Just sun and clean air and ten types of mushroom to pick.
Aching arms and legs and back to stretch out later, utterly satisfied, looking up at the stars.
A tall rickety tower where the elk hunters hide with their rifles.
A tiny fairy tale frog to kiss and check in case of princes.
A terrifyingly warm heap of poo from a large wild boar, not far away.
Then back to a small wooden house to prepare them to eat: Karl Johan and chanterelles and all the other names I forget now I’m back in the noise and grime and air I don’t want to inhale.
A few hours and a while wide world away.
- RT @jaikpuppyteeth: it's sad how many traditions we let die https://t.co/zDcWAM3bun 7 hours ago
- RT @ideastores: Air con @ideastores #WatneyMarket working a treat for this cool event tonight #librariesarecool https://t.co/w12GsmsFb8 3 days ago
- Shorthand plans #WriteToLunch on #nationalwritingday https://t.co/wYCznnUlzd 3 days ago
- RT @ginandcrumpets: A vaguely eating related line for #WriteToLunch for #NationalWritingDay https://t.co/g6x0rfl4I8 3 days ago
- RT @missellabell: authorsforgrenfelltower.wordpress.com/items-for-auct… There are SO MANY good things here! I have never seen so much literary good stuff in one go! 3 days ago