A test post from the mobile, even though I’m home from Sweden now.
The scene means perfection to me. An area without a name: ‘Just the forest.’ Tall trees, soft moss, boulders like trolls hiding in ferns.
No synthetic interruption. No cars, planes or pavement cyclists. No spitting, shoving or shouting.
Just sun and clean air and ten types of mushroom to pick.
Aching arms and legs and back to stretch out later, utterly satisfied, looking up at the stars.
A tall rickety tower where the elk hunters hide with their rifles.
A tiny fairy tale frog to kiss and check in case of princes.
A terrifyingly warm heap of poo from a large wild boar, not far away.
Then back to a small wooden house to prepare them to eat: Karl Johan and chanterelles and all the other names I forget now I’m back in the noise and grime and air I don’t want to inhale.
A few hours and a while wide world away.
- RT @PhilipArdagh: Smile. Keep smiling. DON'T STOP SMILING!!! #DrWho #DoctorWho #Smile @frankcottrell_b https://t.co/GFDHcxiahe 6 hours ago
- RT @WorcCathedral: Celebrating @AsparagusFest service @WorcCathedral @VisitWorcs https://t.co/CBmnJuqfI3 15 hours ago
- RT @EvilMarguerite: I know I'm exhausted because this made me tear up sitting in an airport https://t.co/otyc7JZuzr 20 hours ago
- RT @ThePCCLondon: TONIGHT! CASABLANCA • 75th Anniversary • #35mm presentation Tickets -> bit.ly/2nGwVu1 https://t.co/wZ1jpMUH1m 2 days ago
- I would like to be in the New Forest still. Goshawk cam helps. twitter.com/LaraBroom/stat… 2 days ago