A test post from the mobile, even though I’m home from Sweden now.
The scene means perfection to me. An area without a name: ‘Just the forest.’ Tall trees, soft moss, boulders like trolls hiding in ferns.
No synthetic interruption. No cars, planes or pavement cyclists. No spitting, shoving or shouting.
Just sun and clean air and ten types of mushroom to pick.
Aching arms and legs and back to stretch out later, utterly satisfied, looking up at the stars.
A tall rickety tower where the elk hunters hide with their rifles.
A tiny fairy tale frog to kiss and check in case of princes.
A terrifyingly warm heap of poo from a large wild boar, not far away.
Then back to a small wooden house to prepare them to eat: Karl Johan and chanterelles and all the other names I forget now I’m back in the noise and grime and air I don’t want to inhale.
A few hours and a while wide world away.
- RT @MakingBlakes7: Melania or Servalan? Who wore it better? #MelaniaTrump #Servalan #Blakes7 https://t.co/rJyRusuL0I 38 minutes ago
- RT @madlinsudn: Anyone else made a Moment of their #LondonMarathon day? twitter.com/scope/status/9… 1 day ago
- RT @GeorgeMonbiot: Some of the best science comms I've ever seen: a brilliant short animation by @CarnivoreSci, explaining their scientific… 2 days ago
- RT @KatyFBrand: As the #RoyalBaby takes over the news, let's remember that so many of the #WindrushGeneration worked in the NHS, delivering… 2 days ago
- Dali, Spitalfields. Nathan Barley on a scooter on the other side of the road, clad in huge woolly hat… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago